Stress triggers hormones such as cortisol which over time damages our brains and hearts. It also weakens our immunity.
There is not a single one of us who has not faced stress and anger at some point in our life.
If you are someone who gets stressed all the time with recurrent bills, weather, insane traffic, nagging spouses and so on, then Stop !
8 Quick and easy tips to cut down on your stress:
- Cut down on extra sugar, heavy food and tea/coffee before you go to sleep since a sound sleep is your coping mechanism for dealing with stress.
- Drink a glass of warm milk, do aromatherapy or any form of meditation before hitting the bed.This will help you get a minimum 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
- Train your brain and learn to smile more often. Did you laugh today?
- Exercise to release your stress hormones. Have a great workout. If a gym bores you and you prefer outdoors, go for a swim, jogging, cycling or even walking.
- Vent out your anger or speak to the person concerned but do not crib and sulk in your heart and let stress poison you bit by bit. Remember-every problem has a solution.
- Do deep breathing, meditate, listen to soothing chants or relaxing music for some time every day to help you focus better.
- Cut down on your smoking, alcohol, junk food and fries gradually and eat healthier wholegrains and superfoods to nourish your brain and help you cope better.
- Keep a stress journal and note down times and events which stress you out. Take control of your environment!